7. The meeting of the Joint Committee of the ECAA Agreement was held on Thursday, March 21, 2013 in Podgorica. Co-organizers of this year's meeting were the European Commission and the Civil Aviation Agency.
On 09 June 2006, Montenegro signed the ECAA Agreement - Multilateral Agreement on the Creation of a Common European Aviation Area, ratified by the Parliament of Montenegro on October 9, 2007, and thus its implementation became mandatory on 26 June. October 2007.
The ECAA Joint Committee is a body in charge of implementing the ECAA agreement and ensuring its proper application. It consists of representatives of the Contracting Parties and meets once a year in order to consider the implementation of the ECAA Agreement.
In the introductory part, the participants of the meeting were addressed by: Mr. Ivan Brajović, Minister of Transport and Maritime Affairs, Mr. Dragan Đurović, Director of the Civil Aviation Agency, as well as Mr. Philippe Burghelle Vernet, Head of the Internal Market Unit, contracts on air traffic and international relations in the European Commission (DG MOVE).
Following the opening speeches, the following topics were discussed:
- The process of ratification and entry into force of the Agreement,
- Implementation of the ECAA Agreement (functioning of the administrative application, preliminary results of the visit of the assessment in 2012, as well as the planning of future visits),
- Conclusions from the workshop related to the implementation of the ECAA Agreement, held in December 2012 in Brussels,
- European External Aviation Policy / Bilateral Negotiations between the ECAA Foreign and Non-European Countries,
- EU innovations in aviation legislation in the fields of safety, security, air traffic management including ISIS Reports, airports, and passenger rights.
- Technical Support Overview - EASA Report